Monday, June 2, 2014

Playing Time Keeper

So holidays seem to monkey up our custody seeing as how I do not celebrate the same holidays as my ex. We have it all in writing but often holidays land on an off-weekend and we have to finagle things to make sure everyone has equal amount of time. As it is, with the way Easter and Beltane have fallen....it was simple for the ex to have the kids two weekends in a row and then I have them two weekends in a row and then switch back to every other weekend. I had spoken to the ex about it and on that particular day we had gotten into a fight because of something else, right after we discussed Easter. The middle child did ask me about it right before going to her dads recently and I told her the plan that we had agreed upon before the fight. She stated "I will have to be sure and tell daddy". I had to remind her that (1) I spoke with him already and (2) it's not her job to keep tabs for daddy, she is supposed to be a kid enjoying her youth.

All is well until the other night when the middle child called me while at her daddy's. To explicitly tell me that daddy said I never spoke to him about the weekend situation. While I was dying to start screaming out of frustration, I took a deep breath and stated quite clearly "You are not the person who is supposed to be calling me about this".

I have no idea if he told her to call me but I could hear him in the background and he never made any move to tell her NOT to speak to me about it. Why is our child playing mediator (especially since he is always yelling about how he doesn't want to ever do mediation sessions again)??? Why is he NOT encouraging the children to stay out of the crap between me and him???

No comments:

Post a Comment