Monday, May 26, 2014

Screw You!!!!

So let me set the stage.......we are having a family discussion with the eldest who will be embarking on a new adventure next year when she attends high school. In the course of discussion we turn to the important factor of moving forward in an opportunistic matter despite what friends may want. Here is what happens:

K looks at M and says "sometimes you have to look at your friends and say 'screw you, this is the best opportunity for me'" and I am nodding in absolute agreement. Until he says the rest, "that also includes your parents."

Excuse me? WTF did you just tell our teenage daughter???? We aren't living in a teen movie where we are dictating to her that she must take a career path that matches our own (my ex and I work in the same field), we are simply encouraging her to embrace all the opportunities she can because of her talents and intelligence. Telling your parents to "screw off" is a shot in the fucking foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment